There's no need to worry, this is just a vacation. This isn't permenant leaving.

25.2.13

Resurfaced Words

It's been three years.

My emotions have changed just as much as the climate in Orange County. My Responsibilities have lessened only to be replaced with things of much more density. My job, my life, has become a step closer to the age-old idea "doing what you love, and getting paid for it.". I'm thankful that I am where I am today but I also respect that all of the world around me has been shaped by own hands. Where I am today is directly due to where I put myself, and in-between almost dying, having a kid, and all the life-altering substances and events, lies a view of the light at the end of the tunnel. A little less Rockstar DJ/Label Founder and a lot more Monthly-Residence-at-the-local-club-maybe-a-modest-design-gig. You know, that grandiose idea that somewhere - later on in life, things are just going to be okay. 

It's funny because even I know: things are never great Just okay.

I always think that we can never really be "great" without considering all the risks we didn't take. All the opportunities completely immature to their promise that it all seemed so stupid. Live in reality my boss once said to me and I took that heart. If I live in reality and according to some, reality only exists inside my head, why shouldn't I be trying to get exactly what I want? 

I'm doing this time for me. That's the difference between then and now. 

No comments: