There's no need to worry, this is just a vacation. This isn't permenant leaving.

19.6.07

If I Only...

This next one is just a couple descriptions I tossed together and stringed them sort of nicely. It's an alright piece of practice.



If I Only...

The fire is small as it burns away at an old bike rim, the wood too wet to ignite properly sits around the burning plastic and metal. The light dances in the middle of a circle of chairs, i positioned in the middle accompanied by two other men.
I take out my little smoke stacks and place one between my lips, reach my hand for the a flame of my own, flick and inhale.
It streamed out of my mouth and danced away up towards the sky. I drag and puff. Drag and puff. Watching the smoke play and twirl, twist upon itself to create a more tangible form so that it could exist to entertain my eyes. So that I can view its beautiful entrancing motions that speak to me about the importance of fluidity and motions in beauty.
I watch it go up and up and up until something more catches my eye.
It sat in the ocean of the sky brighter than the light the scattered across the sky in points. "This," I said, "is the moon!" and stared in awe as I realized how infinite and vast the sky is. How puzzling and perplexing yet wholly centered and unified. Like a complex watch with all its gears and springs.
Then you called me, and I heard the distinct song my phone played when such a glorious event happnened. I stared at your name and smiled thinking about us, and how simply complex we are. How our relationship works so well and what little work and fine tuning it takes to make something extraordinary happen when two people who right for each other meet. How your hands perfectly weave in with mine making such simple actions like hand holding a complex skill that we've evolved in an effort to become even more closer.
I flip the phone open, prop it against my ear, and open my mouth.
My lips start to feel numb, and my skin feels warm.
If I only knew how to tell you all of this. The vast complexities of the world so vividly brought to life by my mind, but the semantics to tell you about it are buried deeper in it.
"Hey love." is how I can best sum everything up.

-rod

No comments: