There's no need to worry, this is just a vacation. This isn't permenant leaving.

10.7.07

Poet

See the storm is broken,
in the middle of the night
Nothing left here for me,
it's washed away.
The rain pushes
the buildings away
The sky turns black.
The sky.
Washed so far
Push it out to sea
There's nothing left here for me

I watch it lift up to the sky
I watch it crush me
And then I die.

Speak to me baby.
Put your lips close to mine.
I can see the wind coming down
Like black night.

So speak to me
like the wind outside.
It's broken up, pushing us...
Hear the rain fall
See the wind outside
and feel the storm being broken outside.
then nothing.

Speak to me baby in the middle of the night,
Speak to me.
Hold your mouth to mine
cause the sky is breaking
it's deeper than love.
I know the way you feel
like the rains outside.
Speak to me.

-Rod



I can teach you what's new
private lessons that'll show you how I knew
a blessin, this life you view
"Why was I Blu?" A big Q
I can be part of you, fight the fears
give it a couple years, a couple more tears
I can judge time by the simplicity of the universe
I can make you feel affinity through a song or discourse
I can make this infinite, just never stop this verse
Yup. Never stop this verse.

Of course
Saw a gleam of light, so bright
she came down from the sky, and not that I lie
So let me just mention
In this other dimension
The mystery shot up with strong words
She was an intelligent wisdom and a song bird
Unlike anything you could have ever heard
I was so mesmerized it was absurd
All I can say to this girl is the good word
"Yo, if you're not busy maybe we can get some lunch?"
"I'd love too." Was the knockout punch
And since then I've had this hunch
You and me, tied by love
everyone else is just in awe,
cause i had never dreamed of
a love,
a love, a love like this.



I can feel the burn, all the hurt
Nothing short of this emotional burst
I can rap and rhyme, a couple of nasty lines
about sippin' nattis and society declines.
I can tell you what goes on in my mind
scare you stupid like that kid with the shine
But time
Well it goes
naturally it'll flow
I can and will always forever
make it my endeavor
to make sure our ties never sever
Yup never sever like this verse.
Like this.

No comments: