There's no need to worry, this is just a vacation. This isn't permenant leaving.

11.7.07

So yesterday the subject of top ten favorite cd's came about.

I tried to remember my last list...but...let me just fish one out of xanga hold on a minute.

Okay so that was really weird. That was a trip down memory fucking lane...but worse 'cause I was 16 and strange. I'll be the first to admit I was a little awkward in high school. At times I used to be really charismatic and funny. Other times I would be really quiet and wouldn't say a thing to anyone. I think the worst part about high school was how pathetic and lonely I felt all the time. As if I was singled out and everyone knew it.

I remember there being times in class where I wanted to disappear forever. I wanted to run away from my home and hope that wherever I ended up nobody knew who I was. i't s a depressing feeling to have honestly, and it's an even worse way to think for a solid 2 years. Those were the good days though eh rod! Counter-Strike, Battlefield 1942, Half-Life Deathmatch, Doom 3 online! woooo! Getting super stoned and browsing www.offtopic.com while eating a fatty burger.

I don't know what gave me that mentality, and I surely don't remember breaking that way of thinking. I guess just at some point I realized I was worth more than anyone took for granted. I know at some point in college I realized that the way I was and the way I saw myself wasn't the way I wanted to be...and that had to be the first big change going from being what I happened versus being what I wanted. I always think about the big crush I used to have on jules and how I used to not really think I was capable of going into "her league". She's cute, smart, athletic and I was none of the above. Shit changes though when you find you're capable of so much more as long as you put your mind to it. I remember the first thing I wanted was to change the way my body looked, I wanted to blow minds...and not be a weird old person

As long as you put your mind to it.

Anyway...that was a lot different than I expected this post to be. Let me wander back to the topic.

This is what I fished out of my xanga:

My top ten(listen/play-not restricted by genre or bands.)
1. Clap Your Hands And Say Yeah!
2. The Unicorns
3. The Books
4. Minus Story
5. Built To Spill
6. Del The Funkee Homosapien
7. Kid Koala
8. Sonic Youth
9. Pavement
10. Cornelius

That's the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. I hope I die for ever posting that list. Seriously. Clap your hands? fuuuuuuck....the unicorns at 2? wtf? good god.

alright nevermind...I don't know what that shit was here's what I found from like a little over 2 years ago haha.

Top 5 Of All Time.

1. Modest Mouse
Favorite Album: :Lonesome Crowded West

2. The Doors
Favorite Album: L.A. Women

3. Radiohead
Favorite Album: O.K. Computer

4. Rage Against The Machine
Favorite Album: Evil Empire

5. Interpol
Favorite Album: Turn On The Bright Lights

5. Pavement
Favorite Album: Slanted And Enchanted

Not bad I guess...Kind of all over the place I think, interpol seems really out of place though. So here's a nice little updated list I am going to think really hard on:

July 2007

1. Modest Mouse

Album: Lonesome Crowded West

2. Radiohead

Album: Amnesiac/Ok Computer (tough call)

3. Pavement

Album: Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain (luxe and redux)

4. The Doors

Album: The Doors

5. Built To Spill

Album: There's Nothing Wrong With Love

6. MF Doom

Album: Doomilation/Mad Villainy

7. Mad Lib

Album: Quasimoto/Yesterday's New Quintet

8. Miles Davis

Album: Get Up With It

9. The Velvet Underground

Album: Self Titled

10. Broken Social Scene

Album: We forgot It In People

Woo! That does it for my top 10 list. I'm pretty proud of it it's a good list with some really talented stuff, some hip hop...some classic rock...it works!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



-rod


1 comment:

WeakShit.com said...

haha. that was really fun to read. xanga xanga xanga. top 10 lists of MM Pavement BtS. shit what about MM FF and YYY. those were an interesting and shitty top 3 for a while. haha. i hope in 2 more years i don't look down on my top 10 that way but history does repeat itself.