There's no need to worry, this is just a vacation. This isn't permenant leaving.

7.9.06

If you smoke like I smoke...

You're high everyday.


Well today was another badass night. I had class from 6am till about 6:30pm and it was pretty average although I did try my chance with the wiminzzzzzzz. I hit on some chicks and it was pretty rad. One of them was this really cute indie chick. It was a bit hard to try to talk to her but I finally got around to talking to her and she was pretty cool. Anyway I got wasted again tonight, even though i've been trying to cut back. But seriously I can't. I 've been doing it forever and I...well I enjoy it a lot. It's fun for me, it's just a way to chill and kick back for me.

Cigarattes?

Let's hope not.

-rod

p.s. i am drunk



Current mood: busy
I figured this was just something of interest, to maybe a handful of you. I'm taking a break from studying to bring you something I think is really cool. I found this particularly interesting because I really like how it puts the vastness of time in a small enough time frame for you to understand it fully. I present to you the mind-blowing Cosmic Calendar.

Pre-December Dates:
January 1 - Big Bang
May 1 - Origin of Milky Way Galaxy

September 9 - Origin Of Solar System
September 14 - Formation of oldest rocks on moon
September 25 - Origin of life on earth

October 2 - Formation of the oldest rocks on earth
October 9 - Date of the oldest fossils(Bacteria and Blue-Green Algae)

November 12 - Date of oldest fossil photosynthetic plants
November 15 - Eucaryotes (first cells with nuclei) begin to flourish

All of recorded history occupies the last ten seconds of December 31, and the time from the waning of the Middle Ages to the present occupies little more than one second. But because we have arranged it that way, the first cosmic year is ending about now. And despite the insignificance of the instant we have so far occupied in cosmic time, it is clear that what happens on or near the earth at the beginning of the second cosmic year will depend on the scientific wisdom and the sensitivity of mankind.

10:30PM First Humans
11:00 Widespread use of stone tools
11:46 Domestication of fire by Peking Man
11:56 Beginning of the most recent glacial period
11:58 Seafarers settle Australia
11:59:20 Invention of Agriculture
11:59:35 Neolithic Civilization, first cities
11:59:50 First dynasties in Sumer and Egypt, development of Astronomy
11:59:52 Hammurabic Lega Code in Babylon, Middle Kingdom in Egypt
11:59:53 Bronze Metallurgy, Mycenian Culture, Trojan War, Olmec Culture, invention of the compass
11:59:54 Iron metallurgy, First Assyerian empire, Kindgom of Israel, found of Carthage
11:59:55 Asokan India, Ch'in Dynasty China, Periclean Athens
11:59:56 Euclidean geometry, Archimedian physics, Ptolemnic astronomy, Roman Empire, birth of Christ
11:59:57 Zero and decimals invented in Indian arthmetic, Rome falls, Muslims conquests
11:59:59 Mayan civilization, Sung Dynasty in China, Byzantine Empire, Mongol Invasion, Crusades
11:59:59 Renaissance in Europe, voyages of discovery, emergence of the experimental method of science

First Second, NEW YEARS DAY:

Widespread development of science and technology, emergence of a global culture, first steps in planetary exploration and the search of extra-terrestial intelligence.

-rod


No comments: