There's no need to worry, this is just a vacation. This isn't permenant leaving.

27.9.06

This town don't feel mine

I'm fast to get away.

So this friday I'm going to a Del The Funky Homosapien concert in Los Angeles. It should be a very interesting, exciting moment. Interesting because it'll be my first concert in about 2 months and it'll be my first concert without Benny. Exciting because i'll be seeing one of my favorite artists at the moment. It's a 12 dollar show and it's definately worth more than 12.

___

I heard on the radio just yesterday while driving on my new job that an 18 year old OCC student was killed in an accident. He wasn't drunk or anything mind you, but neither was the person he was racing. Complete negligence on his part, and the guy who raced him is getting some possible charges of manslaughter for the death of the driver, and the wounds of the two girls he had in his car. Now I think they should both be punished - even if he's dead - for being immature little shits, but to ruin a mans life with charges of that degree? It doesn't fair, but I learned in 8 hours yesterday that life is only as fair as you make it.

Take my employer for example: Civil Engineer, drives a mercedes, trophy wife, big house, vacations in cabo, blueberry, leather tote bag- that kind of shit. His past was one of the most interesting pasts i've ever had the chance to hear of, not only was he an excellent football player but he played for the Airforce for 2 years until getting the cut for his size. Excellent guy right? Good track record and such and such...but he almost lost his career, his life, for one night of drinking. Makes you think about how fragile everything really is.


____

My Eclipse turned out to be more of a bargain than anything. I got the muffler and catalyctic converter fixed about a week ago and i've never heard a car purrr healthier. I did a couple routine changes to it, to help me familiarize myself with auto mechanics. Nothing big, mind you, but I did a fluid flush and replaced a lot of things. It runs like a dream now, I'm waiting for my big financial aid check to come($1,873) so that I can buy it some new speakers, an amp, an ipod hook up, and a new radio(everything in the car is stock, and the speakers are old shitty and blown out). My friend from college works at Harbor Sounds down harbor around warner. He estimated it for me and it'd run about 200~ which is not a bad deal since the place down the street wanted to charge me soemwhere around 400(lol). I'm not retarded. I'm going to head out to a pick your parts soon enough and pick and pull pieces from totaled eclipses to repair what little i can to the interior(missing speaker covers, broken cup holders, little dumb things). So that should be a very sweet update to the car.

On the issue of fixing things better, i'm glad to say i'm back at 180lbs. I know, you're probably thinking that's still fat and nasty, but to that I say fuck you my friend. Going from 212 to 180 is the most refreshing feeling ever. On a downside, I can't digest soda anymore without it feeling lik there's a hole being drilled into my stomach. I can't eat meat without feeling A) fat B) tired and C) sluggish. Strange huh? My mouth waters all the time for a fat thick burger.

Along with those improvements, a totally metro feeling has taken over me. I know being metro is gay, but i'm being totally sarcastic here, hear me out. I took a long hard look at myself and realized that all through high school I was just a big slob and totally depressed. I know now that I was just pretty depressed in high school, for whatever reason, but at least I'm not anymore riiiiight? So anyways I took a look at myself and realized that I didn't take care of myself like I did before, so I started that again with pampering my skin and such, and buying new clothes and feeling better about myself. Gay huh?


___


So I leave with my last confession in this virtual journal where I cry out my little heart to the internet public of strangers.

I'm offically over most of my indie-rock music. It's a horrible scene, I mistook the ability to experiment with the inability to have talent. Don't take it the wrong way, a lot of the bands on indie labels DO deserve a record deal over ALL mainstream artists, but a lot of is...pop shit. My brother and my sister have always listened to hip-hop...and I never caught on, honestly. Sure I can recite Warren G's - Regulator and Coolio's- Fantastic Voyage, but I never really took an ear to it. Now I can't honestly turn myself away from it, there's so much room for expansion so much undeveloped talent, and to be honest, it sounds nice in my car.
A list of my current top 5 looks like this:
1. MF Doom
2. Del The Funky Homosapien
3. Kool Keith(yes all his stuff)
4. Modest Mouse
5. Mogwai

I suggest anyone who wanders near this blog take a look at these artists, they're pretty good.

And with that, I dissapear for another week or so till I realize I have a blog and come back to update it.

So long Astoria!

-Rod

oh and here's a pic of me now, in case my bro ever decides to wander back here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




No comments: