There's no need to worry, this is just a vacation. This isn't permenant leaving.

5.11.07

Everything sprouted and intertwined

A little like a redwood's branches and roots, but more like the cell structure of a plant. If you can understand what I mean, and I know it's abstract, you have felt this very same feeling of comfort in knowing that everything you see is real, but only because it can only co-exist with you.

It was then that I could feel the songs bass reverberate through my body, it was then that I could feel every little piece of grain that helped create the fiber that created the wooden floorboards that my drunken face lay on. It was then and only then that I could feel comfortable in my existence, and in my purpose. It seemed very simple at the moment I thought to myself as I stared down the floor over to where the busy feet scurried and stumbled towards the alcohol and back to the dance floor. The floor bent and spinned and my eyes tried and tried to keep focus but everything was lost, yet everything was in place in this skewed view.

Nevertheless the purpose was simple, to enjoy myself. To live and not bother with the specifics, the calculations of it all, because at the end of the complex logarithm needed to express a humans place in the vast universe would only be a man explaining to you that sometimes you don't need the grand finale of a billion year old epic. Life, he would say, only exists for you.

Enjoy. That would be his final word and with that the logarithm would compute that there is insufficient data.

I took a breath at this moment, I remember, because it was curiously 'filling'. It was as if I had reached the top of a mountain and breathed in the world all at once. I was empty and full all at once. Exhaling everything and nothing, then all was black.

No comments: